Thursday 15 February 2018

Cop2 Practical - Initial Ideas

Because the brief asks to design exterior graphics for the building that communicate and strengthen the identity and impact of the museum, my idea was to create graphics that would directly communicate what the museum has to offer for the audience, and to intrigue them into visiting.

To do this, I thought that providing the audience with a 'sneak peak' at the museum would be most effective. I decided to create minimal illustrations that reflected each of the galleries the museum has. In doing this, I will be able to intrigue the audience not only by giving them a preview, but also by showcasing what a vast collection the museum has to offer.

Looking at my primary research of visiting the museum, I thought it would be the most accurate to derive the illustrations from the photographs I had taken. I did this by simply tracing the outlines and main features of some of the most interesting and inviting pieces within each gallery.







Having created illustrations for all the galleries, I decided to explore the exterior architecture of the building, to begin thinking about how these illustrations could be applied. I did this by also creating illustrations of the building. This helped me to gain a better understanding of the shape of the building, and what potential it has for applying supergraphics. It allowed me to start thinking about the size the illustrations could be, and how they would form around the building, its windows, doors and corners.




No comments:

Post a Comment